Questions on Cut to Length, Bulk Cable, Cable Assembly, Cable Accessories.
Don’t miss our Q&A interview with Gencable’s Operations Manager for more help choosing the right portable power cable for your entertainment and industrial applications.
What’s the difference between Type W and Type PPE cable assemblies?
- Lighter weight and more flexible with less coil memory
- Jacketed with a thermoplastic elastomer (PVC/plastic component)
- In colder climates (32 degrees F and below) the jacket has a tendency to become more rigid
- Sometimes preferred in warmer climates
- Withstand abrasions and perform well in industrial settings
- Type W is jacketed with a chlorinated polyethylene (a rubber component)
- Sometimes preferred in colder climates
How many cable assemblies can fit into your storage bin?
Here’s a few examples of the number of assemblies that fit into our heavy-duty storage bins:
- Forty (40) 4/0 50′ portable power cable assemblies
- Twenty (20) #2 5-banded 50′ stage cable assemblies
- Thirty (30) 6/4 50′ california cords (50A twist-lock spider box assemblies)
How many feet of cable are on a bulk reel?
Gencable ships 250′ of bulk cable on a reel but you can also request 500′ bulk cable reels. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with any size order.
I have a large order. Can I get volume pricing?
Gencable would be happy to work with you on a volume discount for large orders. Email us at email@example.com and let’s talk about your cable needs.
Where can I get medium voltage cable assemblies made? Do you assemble any of your cut to length MV-105 15kV medium voltage cable, cut to length MV-105 5kV medium voltage cable, or red jumper cable?
We do offer medium voltage cable assemblies. Since there is such a wide variety of assemblies and applications for medium voltage it’s easier if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk about your specific needs.
Can I track my order?
Tracking information for your order will be emailed the next business day morning after your order has shipped.
Do you offer free shipping?
Yes, cable orders for $600 or more are eligible for free ground shipping within the continental United States. If you need your cable sooner, Gencable offers additional shipping options including expedited shipping. Simply select an expedited option when checking out.
Do you ship internationally?
No. At this time Gencable only services the U.S. power and entertainment markets.
Is it safe to order from Gencable?
Yes. Gencable has been selling cable and assemblies to consumers and businesses since 2000. Our online store is an Authorize.net verified merchant as well as verified and secured by GoDaddy so you can shop safely and securely knowing your data and information is protected and encrypted.
Do you accept all major credit cards?
Yes, Gencable accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovercard during our online checkout process.